Chief Financial Officer - Orlando Office
Reports to: President and C.E.O.
Summary: This is a full-time, salaried position which manages all aspects of accounting and systems for the Foundation. This opportunity requires a person who is a self-starter and who can complete the required work with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or higher
- Knowledge of Not For Profit Accounting
- Professional Appearance and Demeanor
- Flexible Time Schedule
- Creativity with the ability to evaluate and improve our processes
- A desire to fulfill the wish granting mission of the organization
- Orientation toward detail
- The ability to pass a criminal history background check
- Values which embrace diversity
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with the fundamentals of accounting software
- Knowledge of the accrual method of accounting
- Knowledge of Blackbaud software products
- CPA Certificate
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems (analytical tools and information systems) and policies and procedures that ensure effective and efficient management of Foundation resources. Suggest and implement policy and operational improvement by keeping abreast of and anticipating legislative changes and accounting practice developments.
- Responsible for ensuring that donor guidelines and requirements are being followed when fund expenditures are requested.
- Advises Foundation’s President & CEO to matters that have strategic and financial implications to the Foundation. Support Make-A-Wish staff and board decision-making through the development of financial strategic planning information. Ensure effective and efficient financial management by coaching staff in the on-going development of systems and focusing on cycles of improvement.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of GAAP to ensure that items are booked appropriately.
- Supervise the investment of our Foundation funds by working with banks and/or investment banks to ensure that funds are being maximized to their fullest capacity. In addition to monitoring the availability of cash to ensure continuing operations.
- Works in conjunction with the President and C.E.O. to ensure compliance with good accounting management and internal controls. This position will be responsible for working with accounting assistant to reconcile the accounts within our accounting system and preparing a reconciliation report for the board treasurer and President and C.E.O. to review.
- Monthly Financial Statements - This position is responsible for reviewing monthly financial statements as well as preparing the forecast budget document and the monthly financial board report. These reports must be completed and checked one week prior to our monthly board meeting which occurs on the 4th Monday of each month.
- Quarterly Reports for Make-A-Wish Foundation of America – this position will be responsible for ensuring that financial data, wish data and all other required information is prepared and submitted to Make-A-Wish of America by set deadlines.
- IRS 990 and state filings – this position will be responsible for the preparation of the Foundation’s annual IRS 990 in conjunction with the President and C.E.O. and Board Treasurer. The 990 will be completed by deadline set by IRS. In addition, this position will prepare all necessary documents for the State. This will include, but not limited to, the Annual Report filing, Sales Tax Exempt registration, Solicitor License renewal.
- This position is required to assemble documentation as requested by the auditor prior to the audit and be present for the days each year when the auditors are present. The CFO will be on standby to provide documentation as necessary. This position will also review the drafts returned from the auditor and make recommendations as necessary through the advisement of the Finance Committee.
- Works in conjunction with the Finance Committee and President and C.E.O. to prepare the budget in May and June for presentation to the Board of Directors in July.
- Works in conjunction with the Finance Committee and President & CEO to prepare the yearly financial strategic plan for the Board of Directors approval.
- This position is responsible for managing internal controls with staff and volunteers and for our internal fund raising events.
- Responsible for managing workflow of stewardship coordinator, accountant, and administrative assistant.
HUMAN RESOURCE PROCESSING:
- Processes payroll reporting.
- Reporting: Submits hours and appropriate information to contract payroll agency for the bi-weekly processing of payroll. Includes updating and maintaining of accurate employee information.
- Benefits Administration: Maintains reports for all employee benefit plans, including 403B plan, life insurance, and disability insurance.
- Maintains HR personnel files and performs yearly audit to ensure required documents are on file for each employee.
- Responsible for preparing all documents for new-hires.
- Responsible for all new hire trainings.
- Acts as the liaison with the National IT department to coordinate repair work and determine logistics for all IT equipment needs at events.
- Responsible for staying abreast of IT equipment needs and make recommendations for purchases as necessary.
- Responsible for providing training to staff on Blackbaud software and other software that is used by Chapter.
Oversees the maintenance of all in-office materials pertaining to accounting or bookkeeping
- Files: Responsible for the organization and upkeep of all department files.
- Reports: Responsible for writing and obtaining statistics for ongoing reports to the President and C.E.O. and other staff as necessary.
- Archives: Responsible for organizing and maintaining historical records related to the accounting function of the Foundation.
- Assets: Responsible for maintaining accurate records of the assets of the organization.
Other duties as required
No solicitation calls
To apply, email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org