Accountant - Orlando Office
Job Title: Accountant
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
The Accountant is responsible for maintenance and continued development of financial database (Financial Edge) as well as the daily accounting and month-end close of the financials. This individual must have excellent accounting and computer skills. They must be able to enter large amounts of data in a consistent and timely manner. Must have experience in donor communications or customer service and have experience in not-for-profit accounting. They must be a self-starter and be able to complete projects as assigned on their own and work under deadlines.
• Must have good general knowledge of accounting
• Must have a strong interest in working with people
• Organized and thorough in completing detailed tasks
• Must have excellent computer skills – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as being able to use accounting software.
• Responsible for preparing journal entries for the monthly financial close and preparing the monthly financial statements. This person will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer to collect the data for the financial close and prepare and maintain financial statements.
• Assist in preparing audit schedules for annual audit and be available during the audit to answer questions and pull requested audit items for the auditors.
• Responsible for assisting the CFO in collection of data to prepare yearly budget for the Foundation and help with the collection of data for the strategic plan.
• This position will be responsible for input of data including certain in-kind donations into Financial Edge as well as maintaining the fixed asset schedule.
• Attend Foundation special events as requested to assist in the collection of money at the events.
• Prepares monthly bank reconciliations and receive approval from the Foundation CFO and board treasurer upon completion.
• Prepare the daily cash deposit and maintain spreadsheet of daily transactions.
• The Accountant will follow a regular schedule of reviewing and posting donations from Raiser’s Edge.
• Respond to periodic requests for additional financial information.
• Responsible for collection of financial data for yearly audit.
• Responsible for preparing the 1099s for the Foundation.
• Prepare the Payment Authorization Vouchers (PAVs) for each bill that we receive. If bill is department specific, giving to department to prepare PAV and review for accuracy. Verify appropriate signatures have been obtained before payment of PAV and codes PAVs with appropriate account number(s).
• Enter PAVs into system and do a check run twice a week
• Answer vEndor questions regarding payments.
1. Other Duties assigned by Chief Financial Officer and President and CEO2. Represents the foundation in a positive manner to individuals outside the organization. Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all personnel and visitors. Adheres to policies regarding such things as dress code, attendance, PDOs, etc.
To apply email email@example.com